Olive Bank Community Club was established in 1930 as a Masonic Bowling Club to encourage social activities among members and became an Art Club during the 1970’s.
In 2003 Membership of the Club was extended to include the Catholic Metropolitan Club which had lost its premises and from 2004 it opened its doors to the wider community.
Several bowling clubs who lost their premises in recent years have applied for membership. These retain their own identity as teams and play in league and local competitions. The Club is also home to a number of other local community groups who meet regularly.
To reflect the changing needs and diversity of the club membership, in 2016 it changed its name to Olive Bank Community Club.